Virgin Mobile Hires Brad Pitt's Brother Doug as Non-Celebrity Endorser Carrier offers 'celebrity deals at celebrity brother prices'
This is kind of amusing: Virgin Mobile Australia has centered a whole new ad campaign from Euro RSCG around Doug Pitt—an unknown dude who happens to be Brad Pitt's brother. The point is that Virgin's plans are a great deal for anyone, whether you're somebody or just a nobody like Doug. "Doug's just a regular guy," says copy on the website. "He washes his own car, pays his own bills, and does his own laundry. You see, unlike his famous bro, Doug's never been the star of anything. As believers in 'a fair go for all,' Virgin Mobile have decided to make things a little fairer in the Pitt family. Help a bro out and show Doug Pitt some 'Like'!" You feel bad for Doug in a way, but he seems totally on board and good humored enough about his role here. A photojournalist who's reportedly close to his brother, Doug has the Pitt face for sure—it's just a bit less hearthrobby, perhaps. "Everyone deserves the celebrity treatment. Even a celebrity's non-celebrity sibling," says further copy on the site. Elsewhere, the carrier claims to offer "celebrity deals at celebrity brother prices." The more famous Pitt has not commented on the campaign, but is surely lounging on some fancy beach as we speak, shaking his head, wishing he'd written Doug that check he asked for last month. Via The Inspiration Room.
- Young Tumblr Marketers Have Strong Advice for Yahoo
- TripAdvisor Hires Shops for Its First Offline Campaign
- It’s Official: Deborah Turness Named President of NBC News
- Clyburn Makes History at FCC
- Yahoo Officially Acquires Tumblr for $1.1 Billion
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- Starbucks Is Open for Business in Vietnam
- Deep Focus Snares Nespresso, Nabs BBDO Creative Exec
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- PETA's Incredibly Lifelike CGI Ape Begs You Never to Use Real Ones in Ads Again
- This Summer Could Be the Breakthrough in Mobile Advertising
- Ad of the Day: Coca-Cola
- This Is What We Saw at the TV Upfronts This Year
- Shopper Marketing Is Going Mainstream
- Our Picks for the 5 Best and 5 Worst New TV Shows
- Undertone Releases Responsive Design Cross Platform Ad Format
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.