VeryFunnyAds.com: Van Damme Recalls His Icy-Cold Pants Coors Light spot is chilling
This week at VeryFunnyAds.com, one of the craziest spots of 2011—the Coors Light ad in which Jean Claude Van Damme stands on a snowy mountainside and waxes poetic about how the beer is a lot like … his frozen pants. "My pants froze, and froze hard," says the Muscles from Brussels. "So tight. Even thinking about it takes me back." What on earth is he talking about? Wait, there's more. "Have you ever seen a man-penguin walk after an intense mating season? Have you?" he continues. "When a man's pants freeze as rock solid as mine—let me tell you, my friends, even that was nothing compared to the ice-cold refreshment of a Coors Light. Man, my pants were tight." The year's most lunatic monologue? Quite possibly. Talking about your frozen crotch and comparing yourself to an oversexed penguin—this is what happens when you get older in Hollywood and the action roles go to someone else. Also new at VeryFunnyAds.com this week: spots for Stihl chainsaws and Seattle's Best Coffee. See them all at VeryFunnyAds.com.
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Can the Empire State Building Brand Its View?
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Fast Chat: Jann Wenner
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- WPP Created One Big Digital Shop From 8 Smaller Ones
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.