VeryFunnyAds.com: Given One Final Wish, Make It M&Ms Also, see spots from Harvey Nichols and Coke Zero
While much of the candy category has veered toward weirdness in its advertising (looking at you, Skittles and Starburst), M&M's has stayed on the straight and narrow—producing some of the most consistently funny advertising with its adorable M&M characters. This year was no different, as BBDO broke a host of new M&M spots—one of the most memorable being "Wish," newly posted to VeryFunnyAds.com, in which a guy stranded on a desert island somewhat inadvisably requests the candies as his final wish. It's not quite as great as the famous "Are you licking yourself?" spot, but it's solid. Also new this week on the TBS site: a Harvey Nichols spot about dog-handbags, and the Coke Zero spot from earlier this year about the guy who's never satisfied. See all the spots at VeryFunnyAds.com.
Programming note: Also, check out TBS's Funniest Commercials of 2011 show, airing this coming Wednesday, Dec. 14, at 10/9c. The program, hosted once again by Old Spice guy Isaiah Mustafa, will feature a load of hilarious ads, as well as selections from AdFreak's own list of the 30 Freakiest Ads of 2011.
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- Agency.com Co-founder Joins Prophet
- FCC Nominee Chair Plays Up His Business Experience
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Barbarian Group Wins Inaugural Innovation Lions Grand Prix for Its Cinder Coding Platform
- Pretty Much Everyone Is Doing Native Ads Now
- Gay Advertising’s Long March Out of the Closet
- Kraft Salad Dressing Ad Gets Best Present Ever: A Slap From One Million Moms
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.