Vermont politician lacking Old Spice charm
The Old Spice guy homages are coming fast and furious. After Cisco's lame effort, I figured most marketers would think twice before trying to glom onto "The Man." I forgot about the politicians. Vermont's Daniel Freilich, a candidate for the U.S. Senate (and a Democrat, for those who think AdFreak has some kind of political bias), has made a video that truly defiles the legacy of the Old Spice guy. The awkward spot features Freilich in doctor's garb (he's a physician), jogging in place and ultimately mounting a sickly-looking cow while he tries to imitate the deep intonations of Isaiah Mustafa. Thankfully, Freilich decided against any shots where he is clad only in a towel. Via We Are Organized Chaos.
- Embattled P&G CEO Out, Replaced by Predecessor
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- NSA Media Creates Alliance With Wishabi
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital From Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitter's Profane #FML Hashtag, Changes It to Mean 'Fun My Life'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Justin Bieber Is Sad About a Lot of Things, but Probably Not the Teen Employment Rate
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.