U.S. women curlers getting more marriage proposals than endorsement deals
Back to curling for a moment. The U.S. women may have crashed out of the Olympics with a 2-7 record, but judging by some of the comments posted to their blog, the Curl Girls are well worth an endorsement deal or two:
“Cassie Johnson is a doll! Mesmerizing eyes with the delicate touch of an angel.”
“Cassie: For a hot geek babe, you are a skilled stone strategist. Actually, a stoic leader, a sleeping dragon. And I like your hair up.”
“Jessica has a tattoo of a curling rock on her lower back! HOW COOL IS THAT?!”
“Cassie you are so hot but a choker.”
“My friends think I’m nuts, since I keep watching while I’m studying for the bar exam this week, but I have to say that I am so proud of you all, since no matter what happens, you keep smiling. … I wish I could say more, but space and good taste prevent that.”
“Cassandra is seriously hypnotizing. I cannot stop thinking about her. Plus I’m not even kidding when I say I think I am in love with her.”
“I hope I am not coming on too strong, for it is my fear she can throw the 42 lb. stones and ricchot them off of my face. It doesn’t matter because CASSIE I LOVE YOU!”
“Cassie, I recognize that you would never take any of my attempts to ask you out like everyone else, so I will just wish you the best and hope you receive and love the fan mail that I will send. BEST OF LUCK!”
“Maureen, I am totally in LOVE with YOU. Marry me, and you’ll never see the inside of a Home Depot again.”
—Posted by Tim Nudd
Photo: Dean Rutz/KRT/Newscom
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Nikola Tesla Takes Down Silicon Valley VCs, but Will It Get Him a Statue?
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.