Unofficial Zune spot redefines 'spray paint'
When Microsoft hopped into bed with Crispin Porter + Bogusky, many of us hoped the lovechild would be some kind of freakish sideshow abomination that would polarize the ad world. Instead, people ended up split between "eh" and "meh." So, it was with a strange sense of fulfillment that I watched this disturbing unofficial viral ad for Zune, created by directing duo Sibling Rivalry. Now that CP+B has been handed Microsoft's also-ran MP3 device, maybe they'll be able to pull something equally innovative out of their ass.
—Posted by David Griner
- Shazam Introduces Engagement Metric for TV Ads
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- YouTube Stars Struggle Mightily Off YouTube
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- Conan O'Brien to Advertisers: You Disgust Me, But I Will Take Your Money
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- Millennial Guys Are Turning to Makeup
- Marketers Have Found a Way to Use Vine
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.