Tobey Maguire Is the New and Really Quite Sullen Face of Prada
Despite never really showing much interest in fashion up to now, Tobey Maguire is the new face of Prada menswear in ads shot by David Sims. Huh. Random. Maybe they finally saw that horrible dance sequence from Spider-Man 3 and decided he needed their help. They also gave him some promotional copy to read verbatim when Vogue U.K. asked him what the hell he was doing. "A great supporter of the arts, Miuccia Prada has inspired a culture of creativity that is woven through every aspect of her company," Maguire said, adding: "I have such admiration for her artistry." My ass, he does. I'm guessing this is going to tie in with his upcoming role in The Great Gatsby somehow. Either that or, judging from these pictures, he's playing a young Robert Smith in a Cure biopic. Two full images after the jump.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- The 10 Best Commercials of 2012
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.