Those without DVR, grab your Bic pens now
BorghiErh/Lowe in Brazil makes a point for Bic pens (sorry) via a trio of amusing low-budget TV commercials that we're told will "only be shown once." We're given the directions to the Holy Grail, the secret formula for the most famous soft drink in the world and every last scrap of personal contact information for a super-sexy model. The model is shown fondling one of her breasts, making me lose my train of thought entirely. What's being advertised here ... Pepsi? Oh yeah—pens. It is impossible to memorize the ads' info if viewed just once. "See how important it is to have a Bic handy?" the ads ask at the end. Hyper-literal folks out there will point out that we live in the age of DVRs and can rewind, but they such should get a life. Now, excuse me while I replay that model spot in slow-mo: I think I caught a glimpse of nipple!
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.