Those without DVR, grab your Bic pens now
BorghiErh/Lowe in Brazil makes a point for Bic pens (sorry) via a trio of amusing low-budget TV commercials that we're told will "only be shown once." We're given the directions to the Holy Grail, the secret formula for the most famous soft drink in the world and every last scrap of personal contact information for a super-sexy model. The model is shown fondling one of her breasts, making me lose my train of thought entirely. What's being advertised here ... Pepsi? Oh yeah—pens. It is impossible to memorize the ads' info if viewed just once. "See how important it is to have a Bic handy?" the ads ask at the end. Hyper-literal folks out there will point out that we live in the age of DVRs and can rewind, but they such should get a life. Now, excuse me while I replay that model spot in slow-mo: I think I caught a glimpse of nipple!
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Ads for Playboy Fragrances Have Plenty of Happy Endings, and a Few Weird Ones Too
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Ad of the Day: DirecTV
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.