There’s no need to fear. Or maybe there is.
There’s an Underdog movie coming out? When did this happen? Eh, I guess it was only a matter of time, what with Rocky and Bullwinkle hitting the big screen like an overbudgeted sack of crap. One blogger is “sensing an unfortunate screenplay at work.” Apparently “there’s some pretty dopey stuff to be found” in what he’s seen thus far. He hasn’t the actual show if he’s in any way surprised by the hokeyness of freakin’ Underdog. Besides, any eye-rolling dialogue would be immediately offset by the Butthole Surfers’ version of the Underdog theme, should the director be smart or hip enough to use it. If not, it’ll all be forgotten anyway when the inevitable—and inevitably awesome—Fractured Fairy Tales movie goes into production.
—Posted by David Kiefaber
- Embattled P&G CEO Out, Replaced by Predecessor
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.