Is There More to This 'Avengers' Teaser Than Meets the Eye? Robert Downey Jr. chats with Nathan Fillion
When is a fun little teaser something more? When it's Robert Downey Jr. and Nathan Fillion cross-promoting the upcoming Marvel superhero flick The Avengers and ABC's cop drama Castle. Why are these two rakishly handsome fellows chatting about their respective starring vehicles? Well, why not, some might ask. But the blogosphere is searching for deeper meaning in this commercial, even though Marvel's not throwing anyone a bone just yet. Fanboys are speculating that the spot means Fillion will make a cameo in The Avengers as Ant-Man on the way to headlining that still-gestating movie. (It's been rumored for at least a couple of years that Fillion would take that role, and Marvel flicks now routinely toss in a new hero at the end of each blockbuster to set up the next one.) Fillion has had a long and successful relationship with Avengers director Joss Whedon that includes cult favorites Firefly and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. And Disney owns both ABC and Marvel now. Why not close this whole synergistic money-minting loop? It could happen. Even if it doesn't, it's cool to see Downey and Fillion kidding around with each other. More, please!
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Dove Hires Criminal Sketch Artist to Draw Women as They See Themselves and as Others See Them
- Microsoft Hammers Google in Leaked Parody of a Chrome Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- AFA Mulls Re-Boycott of Ford
- Crispin brings BK food to the unenlightened
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.