Taco Bell response to beef lawsuit: sarcasm
Taco Bell wasted no time in hitting back against a lawsuit about what's in its ground beef. Taco Bell parent Yum! Brands took out print ads today in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and other publications with a bold "Thank you for suing us" headline. The ads reiterate Taco Bell's denial that it's serving a "meat mixture" that's only 35 percent ground beef. Taco Bell says it's real "seasoned beef." The ads are a rapid response to a suit that was filed only just this week. (There are also Google ads with a letter from the Taco Bell president about its meat.) Judging from the comments Taco Bell is racking up on Twitter, the "mystery meat" claim has struck a chord with diners skeptical of what could go into a 99-cent taco. I can only imagine if this case goes to discovery. A nation will collectively turn away as the mystery-meat process is laid bare. The ironic part is, Taco Bell might be doing its customers a favor if it were cutting the red meat with filler like whole grain, since excessive red-meat consumption is the source of any number of health woes. Maybe making Taco Bell the cornerstone of your diet is a solid strategy after all. Full ad after the jump.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Meet the Most Suspect Publishers on the Web
- Apple's 'Get a Mac,' the Complete Campaign
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.