A sneak peek at the upcoming Pixies film
YesButNoButYes points to the trailer for loudQUIETloud, the upcoming documentary about the Pixies—or, as Kim Deal calls them, the four worst communicators in the world. The movie deals with the band’s reunion a decade after their acrimonious breakup. There seems to be a lot of hand-wringing and general dysfunction captured on film here, but hopefully there’s some concert footage too. The movie is being screened at the South by Southwest festival in Austin this week.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Can the Empire State Building Brand Its View?
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Fast Chat: Jann Wenner
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- WPP Created One Big Digital Shop From 8 Smaller Ones
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.