Smart Cars Are Like Skateboards: Lots of Fun for Two Pro skaters share a board in nifty U.K. ad
Professional freestyle skaters Kilian Martin and Alfredo Urbon share a board for this visually engaging Smart car ad, from agencies AMV BBDO and Weapon7 and director Ben Newman of Pulse Films. The car's a two-seater, so the connection here is pretty obvious. And the Martin/Urbon pairing features some cool street longboarding, which I haven't seen since SK8-TV was still on the air. Could've done without the crappy remix of "You Rascal You," though. It sounds like a 45 that was playing at 33⅓.
Making-of video and full credits below.
CLIENT: Smart U.K.
AGENCY: AMV BBDO
CREATIVE: Anthony McGinty
CREATIVE: Jason Cascarina
PRODUCTION: Pulse Films
DIRECTOR: Ben Newman
DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY: Steve Annis
PRODUCER: Oliver Roksill
POST PRODUCTION: The Mill London
EDITING COMPANY: Family Editing
MUSIC: Hanni El Khatib, You Rascal You
AGENCY PRODUCER (AMV BBDO): Adam Walker
EDITOR: Tom Grove Carter
- Time.com Is on a Hiring Spree
- Pinterest Plays Coy on Ads, but Expect Commerce to Lead
- Yankees, Manchester City Team Up for MLS Launch
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Time.com Is On a Hiring Spree
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.