Showtime multiplies the fun in 'Tara' promo
The advantage to doing a show about multiple personality disorder is that you can add a character without hiring another actor. That's the situation with Showtime's United States of Tara. Check out the promo here for the second season, which begins in March. Fans will recognize Buck, Alice and T, the three alternate personalities hiding within Tara, played by Toni Collette. But the spot (directed by Tom Koh of Blind) also reveals a fourth alter, Shoshanna, a flower child who'll be introduced in the new season. The only character missing is Gimme, which is probably a good thing.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Kawasaki And 'Lone Ranger' Ride Together in Multifaceted Campaign
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- CBS Wins Prime-Time Ratings Crown
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.