Secret Service in the Line of Fire in New Pistachios Spot Four new ads keeps the campaign crackin'
A hooker sex scandal involving the Secret Service? Delicious! An ad for pistachios poking fun at the situation? Fairly amusing, especially when you let your mind wander to all the potential bad puns about nuts getting cracked, which obviously is the point. The new spot for Paramount Farms' Wonderful Pistachios is strictly G-rated, and not likely to blow up the interwebs like the earlier Honey Badger ad, but it keeps the brand's off-kilter party going. It's one of four new commercials that debuted Monday during the just-launched fall TV season. Others in the $30 million effort star the Village People, fur-covered Brobee from that trippy kids' show Yo Gabba Gabba!, and Victor and Sparky the dog from Tim Burton's new movie Frankenweenie, opening Oct. 5. The latter ad, shot in 3-D, will run on theater screens for the next several weeks in a cross-promotion with Disney. There's more to come later this fall from the pistachios campaign, which already has racked up some 12 million online views with ads featuring Kardashians, Kermit and keyboard cat, among other pop-culture figures. It's a malleable setup, with the bright-green color scheme and the "Get crackin' " tagline still somewhat fresh after four cycles. Taking bets on the next go-round. Crack your snacks "Gangnam Style," anyone?
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitter's Profane #FML Hashtag, Changes It to Mean 'Fun My Life'
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.