ScooterGirls take advertising for a wild ride
In these uncertain times, and given my bulging HR file here at AdFreak (something about my "attitude"), it's probably a good idea to have a plan B job-wise. If things don't pan out here, I'm joining ScooterGirls! The L.A.-based mobile-advertising company was formed in December and, as far as I can tell, offers everything I could ever hope for in an employer: hot models on scooters, free schwag from client promos and the chance to rumble with a rival gal-gang. With all that, who needs a 401(k)? Now, I'm not a girl (technically), nor have I ever driven a scooter. But being grossly unqualified hasn't held me back in previous jobs, and I won't let it get in the way now. Get revved, ScooterGirls, I'm gearing up to change career lanes, and utter every other tired metaphor that might apply. Va-roooom!
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Teenage Boys Are Suddenly Pregnant in Chicago's Striking PSA Campaign
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.