‘Ring Two’ viral so good it’s scary
Viral marketing, like a good joke, often seems to work best when it’s at someone’s expense. Thus, we see great promise in New Media Maze’s viral effort supporting the DVD release of The Ring Two in the U.K. Nefarious pranksters are invited to visit 7DaysLeft.com and enter a friend’s e-mail address and cell-phone number. The site then sends the friend an e-mail, inviting him or her to view the Ring Two trailer online. As the video plays, the friend’s cell phone rings, and a voice on the other end whispers “seven days”—which, if the friend has seen the Ring movies, might just prompt a soiling of the friend’s trousers.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Teenage Boys Are Suddenly Pregnant in Chicago's Striking PSA Campaign
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.