Red Tettemer makes war on its 'Frienemies'
You have to like Red Tettemer. Not only is the Philadelphia agency sticking with summer Fridays during these lean times, it's enforcing the tradition with obscenities, threats of violence and accusations of bestiality. If you're a "Frienemy" who works past 1 p.m. on Fridays this summer, these posters will remind you that 1) you're no better than a "shithead"; 2) you deserve "blows to the groin" ("Not good blows. Hard punches"); and 3) you're probably just staying late "to molest Woodbine," the agency cat. Do any other agencies even have summer Fridays anymore?
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- ESPN Lays Off More Than 100 Employees
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- Fast Chat: Jann Wenner
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- WPP Created One Big Digital Shop From 8 Smaller Ones
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.