Rebecca Black Celebrates Herself With Giant Billboard
Rebecca Black, the 13-year-old undisputed queen of DIY pop music, is moving into the ad game. Most folks already know that her song "Friday," which she uploaded to the Web without having a recording contract, has, for better or worse, become a viral smash. Now, she's put up a huge billboard in Hollywood, congratulating herself for topping 100 million YouTube views in little more than two months. Judging from the preponderance of negative (in many cases, horrified) reactions to the song, it seems no one else was going to thank her in such a public fashion, so she had to do it herself. That said, she would likely collect scores of kudos—including billboards, digital thank-yous and full-page spreads in the music trades—if she would just pull that sub-Yoko dreck out of cyberspace and promise to concentrate on algebra, or whatever 13-year-olds learn in school these days.
- Shazam Introduces Engagement Metric for TV Ads
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- Agency.com Co-founder Joins Prophet
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Barbarian Group Wins Inaugural Innovation Lions Grand Prix for Its Cinder Coding Platform
- Pretty Much Everyone Is Doing Native Ads Now
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
- Instagram Video Invites Ads Speculation, Puts Vine on Notice
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.