Race relations a whole lot better in a hot tub
It's refreshing, after all this Sotomayor business, to see advertising from countries where mentioning race doesn't automatically beckon wingnuts. Above is a detail from this larger McCann-Lowe ad from Belgium for Luxor hot tubs, featuring a Klansman lounging with, from the looks of him, Freddy "Boom Boom" Washington in one of their deluxe models. The simple tagline is: "Extremely relaxing." There's been a rash of this kind of stuff in the Old World of late. Who knows why. What we do know is that Pat Buchanan should never see this ad. Via Copyranter.
—Posted by David Kiefaber
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Ads for Playboy Fragrances Have Plenty of Happy Endings, and a Few Weird Ones Too
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Ad of the Day: Nike
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.