Puma’s robot working overtime for holidays
OK, I’ve taken some shots at robots this year. They devalue our humanity, and will soon kill us all. Plus, the Shave Bot threw me over for a toaster she met on Match.com. Still, I’ve found a place in my heart for Puma’s special holiday-season “G1ft Bot 2007.” He’s got a merry workshop, like a regular Santa Claws. Click on the boom-box and he dances! (Is that “the robot” he’s doing? Doesn’t matter, that guy can move.) Now I regret ever suggesting that our metal friends wanted to kill all humans. Oh, and look what just rolled into my cubicle at AdFreak: a giant metallic gift box in the shape of a horse! How clever and distinctive. I guess the ’bots have decided to make up with me, too. I can’t wait to see what’s inside!
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.