Onward and upward for Spencer Tweedy
Last September we wrote about the Quaker Oats commercial starring the Blisters, a pre-teen rock band featuring Spencer and Sam Tweedy, the offspring of indie rocker Jeff Tweedy. We’re here with a mini update. Judging by a story in The Hollywood Reporter, it looks like the Quaker ad was just the beginning for 9-year-old Spencer (shown here). Evidently he’s been joining his father on stage to play drums on a few songs during the Wilco’s frontman’s current solo tour. What with Spencer’s burgeoning fame, this might be a good time to check out the featurette on the Blisters available on the Web site of Element 79, the agency that did the Quaker spot.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.