Old 'MadTV' sketch imagined iPad for ladies
Steve Jobs came down from the mountain with his tablet. Mere mortals can't dispute anything Jobs does, but his choice of the name iPad is raising some eyebrows. Twitter is alive with cracks that it sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Apple should have seen this coming. In 2007, Mad TV ran a skit about Apple developing its own feminine-care product called, you guessed it, the iPad. Will the iPad join the Chevy Nova as a truly ill-thought brand name? Probably not, since the Apple fanatics are willing to trust in Steve in all matters.
—Posted by Brian Morrissey
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Nikola Tesla Takes Down Silicon Valley VCs, but Will It Get Him a Statue?
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.