Ohio not drooling over breast-milk billboard
You can always count on the topic of breastfeeding to spark thoughtful and measured debate—or else hysterical attacks and counterattacks. The latest skirmish in the breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding war is being fought in Ohio, where billboards like the one shown here, from the state health department, have been spotted around Cleveland and Toledo and probably elsewhere. Sure, there's the implication that formula doesn't satisfy—but the bigger issue here seems to be just what the heck is up with that baby? One local tells Toledo's Fox affiliate: "When I first saw it, I thought, you know, I agree with breast milk, it's fine, but then I saw it with the milk around its mouth and I thought that was so unappealing. The baby's cute, but I did not like the milk coming out of his mouth." Cleveland Scene readers are more straightforward. Says one: "The little fella looks SATISFIED AS HELL—like a tit vampire with all the drool and boob milk dripping off his chin." The Ad Council's breastfeeding campaign seems boring by comparison. Via @rickuldricks.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Twofifteenmccann's Parsons Joins The Factory
- Germany's Serviceplan Repeats as Grand Prix Winner in Design
- Facebook Updates Page Insights, Breaks Out 'PTAT'
- 'Dumb Ways to Die' Train Keeps Rolling, as It Wins Grand Prix in Radio
- BuzzFeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
- Newsy Officially Announces Partnership With MSN
- Facebook Now Has 1 Million Advertisers
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Draftfcb and Pereira & O'Dell Each Win a Grand Prix in Cyber Category
- Conan O'Brien to Advertisers: You Disgust Me, but I Will Take Your Money
- Annie Leibovitz Revisits Her Famous Photo of John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- TBWA\Media Arts Lab Earns Press Grand Prix for Apple's iPad Mini Ads
- Millennial Guys Are Turning to Makeup
- MTV Study Shows Varying Attitudes Within Millennial Generation
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs Pitches Revolt and Tells Advertisers How to Be Cool
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.