Now we know what the Truth tastes like
Politics got you down? Run out and grab a pint of Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream, a delightful blend of vanilla, caramel and chocolate-covered Waffle Bits. (Surprisingly, there are no “Colberries,” to use the French pronunciation.) While I’m assuming it’s true that proceeds are going to charity, I’m a little concerned that teaming up with noted lefties Ben & Jerry will alienate those in Colbert Nation who have made Stephen a sensation. After all, these guys are noted for propping up trippy musicians like Phish and the Grateful Dead. And they once teamed up with Doonesbury on a sorbet—if that doesn’t scream West Coast liberal, I don’t know what does. And that’s the truth.
—Posted by Aaron Baar
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- British Advertising Hits New Low With Commercial Starring Talking Butt Crack
- Fitness Company's Video Goes Viral Thanks to Dude Taking a Dump in the Background
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.