No one’s shutting up on Dixie Chicks blog
Something is amiss with the Dixie Chicks’ Shut Up and Post “fan blog,” designed to promote the Chicks’ upcoming movie Shut Up & Sing. There’s plenty of posting going on, but not a lot of it by fans. The blog is densely populated by anonymous haters, for whom English seems to be a third or perhaps fourth language. Here are some choice tidbits: “There should be NO LIMITS on free speach, unless it advocates a subsiquent murder.” (Muggings and assaults are fine, though.) “As for the traitor B****, she should be charged and put before a firing squadm just as any traitor should.” (Nice that fascists self-censor these days.) “i dont think there should be limits on free speech but i would think that an united states citizen should know not to talk shit about the country overseas when we r in the middle of a war.” (Yeah, wait until something you oppose is over before complaining.) And of course, there’s “f**k bush,” proof that sounding like an idiot isn’t limited to one end of the political spectrum. Then again, with a name like Shut Up and Post, you’re bound to suffer communication problems.
—Posted by David Kiefaber
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- British Advertising Hits New Low With Commercial Starring Talking Butt Crack
- Fitness Company's Video Goes Viral Thanks to Dude Taking a Dump in the Background
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.