Nissan Juke: better than a swimsuit model?
TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles, OMD, Nissan and Sports Illustrated have joined forces for "Model Search," in which eight swimsuit models are competing for a spot in the next SI swimsuit issue. Ads feature the models squaring off against a Nissan Juke (model vs. model) in a series of contests measuring traits like "curb appeal," "agility" and "aerodynamics." The concept is OK, and the dim-witted host is amusing, but they're trying to promote a lot of stuff here, so the effort feels a bit too unfocused. They should just put the cars in bikinis to simplify things. Three more ads after the jump.
- Bonnier Acquires Source Interlink's Motorcycle Titles, Sells TransWorld Group
- It’s Official: Deborah Turness Named President of NBC News
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Young Tumblr Marketers Have Strong Advice for Yahoo
- Ziff Davis Nabs NetShelter
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- TripAdvisor Hires Shops for Its First Offline Campaign
- Starbucks Is Open for Business in Vietnam
- Ad of the Day: Coca-Cola
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- WPP Created One Big Digital Shop From 8 Smaller Ones
- PETA's Incredibly Lifelike CGI Ape Begs You Never to Use Real Ones in Ads Again
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Girl Barfs Up Her Own Dad in Baffling Anti-Drinking Ad From Spain
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.