Movie posters recast to stress animal rights
Casting humans as the true deadly beasts in animal-rights campaigns is a no-brainer. Doing so with creativity and good humor is another thing altogether. This German campaign uses some great movie-poster send-ups to convey the message that man—and in one case, a 50-foot woman—is the world's most lethal predator. See all three ads here. (The agency is Serviceplan. The clients are the United Nations Environment Programme and the Convention on Migratory Species.) Many campaigns have generated sympathy for apes and sharks. Here, even tarantulas get some love. From their point of view, a fast-approaching human is indeed a "giant terror 6 feet high!" As for the 50-foot chick, well, she clearly poses just as great a threat to human males as mountain gorillas. Still, some guys I know wouldn't mind getting her number. Via Ads of the World.
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.