Mitchum's Strategy for Job Interviews Is the Pits
Mitchum has career advice for all you job-seeking funemployed. First: Don't go to an interview with rancid, sweaty underarms. Second: Making up skills you don't actually have, like fluency in Dutch, might convince a company you're employable, when you're not. Not the best idea, really, but at least your pits won't smell like the pits when you get fired on your first day for showing up topless and hungover. Still, the spot, from Mother New York, moves along at a brisk clip, and the art direction is sharp, barring a couple of strange moments. Like, why is the guy's résumé on his abs? And sure, Amsterdam is known for windmills, but what's up with the nipple-flicking spin? Nonetheless, credit where it's due: The dog's predicament is way cuter, and more pitiable, than the dude's.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.