The Martin Agency Celebrates 'Lincoln' Extras in Civil War Style Portraits Vintage hairstyles, modern dress
Richmond, Va., was a funny place to be when Steven Spielberg was in town shooting Lincoln. Extras from the movie could be seen walking around town in their regular modern-day clothing, but with old-time beards and hairstyles fashioned for the film. Seeing this, Anya Mills, a senior art producer at The Martin Agency, and local photographer Adam Ewing had a fun idea: Why not shoot Civil War style portraits of them? That's just what they did—creating 14 photos in the style of Mathew Brady, the 19th-century photographer known for his portraits and other scenes of the Civil War. The Martin Agency organized a gallery exhibit last Thursday, where more than 250 people, including some cast members from the movie, had a look at the photos. See a bunch more below.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- The 10 Best Commercials of 2012
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.