ManHands Soaps Make Men Smell Like Bacon, Beer, Soil or Urinal Cake Plus other, less appetizing scents
Every few years, someone puts out gimmicky "man-friendly" versions of equally gimmicky girly products, and they always smell like farts or baseball gloves or something. A few years ago it was Mandles—manly scented candles. Now it's ManHands—manly scented soaps. Some of the scents are reasonable enough choices: bacon, beer, cedar log cabin, fresh-cut grass. But others miss the mark. What man in his right mind wants to smell like a margarita, for example? Or red wine? And cannabis is hardly a gendered scent, not to mention that even good weed smells like a mix of old feet and thigh sweat. Maybe they'll come up with something better when they try this again in 2017. Via Laughing Squid.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.