MacGruber disarms warheads with F-bombs
We're past the point of debating whether they should have made a movie out of Saturday Night Live's MacGruber. It's a done deal, as you can see in the obscenity-speckled trailer posted below. Viewers seem pretty divided, with some saying it's going to be all-caps AWESOME and others noting that it's an idiotic spinoff from an idiotic sketch/Pepsi Super Bowl commercial. If these are the best clips they could pull, I'd say it doesn't bode well for this movie breaking SNL's consistent track record of flops. I'm guessing the flick will succeed only in sparking an epidemic of delinquents crapping in toilet tanks. Via Mashable.
—Posted by David Griner
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Teenage Boys Are Suddenly Pregnant in Chicago's Striking PSA Campaign
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.