Lots of Mr. Nice Guy in Coke’s ‘GTA’ spoof
In Wieden + Kennedy’s latest Coke ads, nothing is quite as it appears. The “Happiness Factory” spot is all cheery and happy and fun, except for a little mass slaughter of snowmen. Now we get “Videogame,” a cool new commercial that spoofs Grand Theft Auto, with a mirrored-sunglassed anti-hero prowling the streets, looking like he’s going to smash a Coke bottle over someone’s head. But actually, he’s a hero after all. All he wants to do is spread some cheer. It’s a great piece of animation. The only glitch is when he goes to drink the soda. When, exactly, does he open the bottle? Perhaps all Coke bottles go topless in this world. Via ’boards and Brentter.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- The 10 Best Commercials of 2012
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.