Looks Could Kill in Christmas Ad for Harvey Nichols A laser-like focus on same-dress disasters
A holiday party becomes a Star Wars-like showdown for two women who show up in the same red dress in this amusing new Christmas spot from Adam & Eve DDB for British fashion retailer Harvey Nichols. Both women start shooting deadly looks at each other—literally deadly, as red lasers shoot from their eyeballs and destroy much of the apartment, while the rest of the guests party on, mostly oblivious to the commotion. A little dog gets in on the action, too. "Avoid a same dress disaster this season," says the on-screen copy at the end. This is accomplished by getting a dress from Harvey Nichols. Perhaps each dress is one of a kind. Whatever the case, you know it will still look good on that walk of shame the day after the party. Via Copyranter.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.