Little Bit o' Luck has big creepiness factor
The New York Lottery has launched a campaign in NYC that you'd practically have to leave town to avoid. It’s plastered all over the subways and is airing on the local TV networks, advertising the lottery’s Take 5 game—whose odds, apparently, are stacked so favorably toward the player that all you need is “a little bit o’ luck” to win. In the campaign, “Little Bit o’ Luck” comes to life as a short, balding dude with thick glasses, whose head is freakishly out of proportion to his body (a gimmick that’s becoming more popular in the wake of Elf Yourself) but who gets more than a little bit o’ love from the ladies. Comedian Brett Gelman reportedly plays the character, but may not be proud of that fact.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- 16-Year-Old Media Mogul Tavi Gevinson Is Expanding Her Empire
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Dove Hires Criminal Sketch Artist to Draw Women as They See Themselves and as Others See Them
- Apple's 'Get a Mac,' the Complete Campaign
- Promotional Swag More Effective Than Ads, Study Says
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.