Kid afflicted with squirting Fruit Gusher eye
Here's the latest oddball candy advertising—a 90-second Fruit Gushers video from Saatchi & Saatchi (supposedly Gerry Graf's last piece of work for the agency) that tells the tall tale of Todd, a kid born with a squirting blue Fruit Gusher for an eye. The most recent Fruit Gushers spot was all about having problems gushing, but that's not an issue here. Todd happily unloads on family and friends (in a mostly un-Oozinator-like way, thankfully), though as the flash-forward scenes reveal, he will be stunted in other ways—a recurring theme in candy ads, from Starburst's Little Lad to the Skittles treeboy. It seems excessive to go a whole 90 seconds with this kid, though. The 30-second Fruit by the Foot stuff was better.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.