John Malkovich Finds a New Best Friend, Siri, in Pair of iPhone Ads These two were made for each other
For those of you who were getting a little tired of Zooey Deschanel's iPhone commercial with Siri—you know who you are—here's a breath of fresh air. John Malkovich has stepped into the campaign, by TBWA\Media Arts Lab, in a pair of commercials that broke Wednesday night—the 58-year-old actor's first U.S. ads. Malkovich and Siri actually make a pretty hilarious team. They're both equally quirky, and with their matching stilted speech, you get the sense that they really do understand each other. "I enjoyed this chat immensely. You are very eloquent," he tells Siri at the end of the "Life" spot. Is Malkovich falling in love? While these are his first American commercials, Malkovich has done plenty of overseas work, the most amusing of which is probably this promo for the Karlovy Vary film festival.
- Yahoo Board Approves $1.1 Billion Tumblr Purchase
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Better Eyewear Means Fewer Dead Cats, Says Amusing Specsavers Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Michael Ian Black's Twitter Ad for Dos Equis Does Gangbusters Thanks to All the Haters
- Buyers Enthusiastic About Fall TV Prospects
- Your Rich Friends Don't Really Want to See You in Person, Says Report
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.