James Lipton Is Finally a Bravo-lebrity in Network's New Summer Spot Latest seasonal promo has Olympic theme
James Lipton is a national treasure, damn it, but the erudite TV host gets precious little respect—or promotion—from his own network. Until now. Lipton lines up his first cameo in Bravo's splashy summer ads, alongside such basic-cable luminaries as Zoila the maid from Flipping Out and Giggy the Pom from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Lipton is a Bravo-lebrity! Finally! He must be sleeping like a baby these days! Elsewhere in the Olympic-themed promo, launching Wednesday night and airing for the next few months, Housewives toss cocktails, but oddly, not at each other, and Top Chef's Tom Colicchio stuffs his face. Andy Cohen nearly goes up in flames—insert whatever joke comes to mind here—and Jeff Lewis gets punked, all to the strains of Madonna's new single, "Superstar." The work, the third summer promo in a row for Bravo's escapist fare, comes from Los Angeles agency Stun Creative, where letting Kathy Griffin run mischievously wild and fixing a race for NeNe Leakes is the first order of business.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.