It's a Paranoid Journey Into the Absurd, not a New Charles Schwab Commercial
In general, Richard Linklater movies are not to be missed. And his new film, A Scanner Darkly, is no exception, judging by the trailer. Bob Sabiston’s pioneering “interpolated rotoscoping” technology, which animated Linklater’s 2001 film Waking Life (and the current crop of TV spots from Charles Schwab), is used again here. It’s basically live action complexly overlaid with animation. The movie stars Keanu Reeves, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson and Winona Ryder, and seems to be a twisted science-fiction tale based on a novel by Philip K. Dick. It includes absolutely no discussion of financial planning. Thanks to Movie Marketing Madness and Cinema Blend for the link.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- 16-Year-Old Media Mogul Tavi Gevinson Is Expanding Her Empire
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Dove Hires Criminal Sketch Artist to Draw Women as They See Themselves and as Others See Them
- Apple's 'Get a Mac,' the Complete Campaign
- Promotional Swag More Effective Than Ads, Study Says
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.