Insanity and death never smelled so good
I finally got around to watching this new Folgers ad from Saatchi & Saatchi last night. You know, the one with the army of glowing, criminally insane-looking sun-people who float in from the eastern sky at dawn and fan out across the land, brewing pots of Folgers, contorting in ludicrous dance numbers and singing a nutso song that goes, “Get up, get out of bed/You can sleep when you are dead!” The tagline is: “Tolerate mornings.” (There’s a companion Web site as well.) It’s so ridiculous, it’s fantastic. If you’re going to go over the top, and associate your product with death and insanity, you might as well go all the way.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- 16-Year-Old Media Mogul Tavi Gevinson Is Expanding Her Empire
- Banking Mobile Apps Used by 58% of Consumers
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.