Infographic: Anatomy of an Advertising Emergency Does this agency freakout look familiar?
Advergirl writes: "There's a curious phenomenon that happens in advertising agencies ... Despite our annual planning sessions and relatively-long project lead times, every other month or so, we have a genuine Advertising Emergency. An all-hands-on-deck, everyone-cancel-their-plans, someone-place-a-takeout-order humdinger of a crisis. No matter the cause, each emergency plays out nearly the same way." See how, and it isn't pretty, after the jump.
- Yankees, Manchester City Team Up for MLS Launch
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Pinterest Plays Coy on Ads, but Expect Commerce to Lead
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Jann Wenner Discusses Putting His Son in Charge
- ESPN Lays Off More Than 100 Employees
- WPP Created One Big Digital Shop From 8 Smaller Ones
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.