Help This Man Turn Billboards Into Hanging Bamboo Gardens Stephen Glassman goes green
The phrase "L.A.-based artist" often describes someone who is a total dingus, but Stephen Glassman is a rare and welcome exception to that rule. He's developing a large-scale art project that turns billboards into hanging bamboo gardens. Each billboard's frame would be outfitted with planters, a watering system and environmental sensors, and Summit Media has already donated some structures. Glassman is trying to raise $100,000 via Kickstarter for everything else. Please, for the love of God, throw some money at this guy. After some of the billboards we've seen over the years, the only question is what took him so long to think of this.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitter's Profane #FML Hashtag, Changes It to Mean 'Fun My Life'
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.