Happy New Year! Here's a Horrible, Disgusting Anti-Smoking Ad U.K.'s cigarettes get tumorous
Britain's National Health Service decided to close out 2012 with a feel-good PSA offering plenty of heartwarming holiday cheer. Just kidding. They released a super-disgusting anti-smoking ad. This time, a guy's cigarette develops a throbbing fleshy tumor while he's smoking it, which reminds me of an old Denis Leary routine (and by proxy, an older Bill Hicks routine). It's not as graphic as the NHS's fishhook print ad from a few years ago, or as obtusely phallic as its cigarettes-cause-impotence ad, but it's surely still worth at least a few complaints to the Ad Standards Authority.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Does the American Shopping Mall Have a Second Life?
- Lucky Charms Does Giant Bong Hit, Unleashes Auto-Tune Leprechaun
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
- Layoffs Hit BBDO, Goodby
- Creak, Crack, Crunch. Local Chiropractor's Goofy Ad Is Painful to Watch
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.