Happy New Year! Here's a Horrible, Disgusting Anti-Smoking Ad U.K.'s cigarettes get tumorous
Britain's National Health Service decided to close out 2012 with a feel-good PSA offering plenty of heartwarming holiday cheer. Just kidding. They released a super-disgusting anti-smoking ad. This time, a guy's cigarette develops a throbbing fleshy tumor while he's smoking it, which reminds me of an old Denis Leary routine (and by proxy, an older Bill Hicks routine). It's not as graphic as the NHS's fishhook print ad from a few years ago, or as obtusely phallic as its cigarettes-cause-impotence ad, but it's surely still worth at least a few complaints to the Ad Standards Authority.
- Shazam Introduces Engagement Metric for TV Ads
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- YouTube Stars Struggle Mightily Off YouTube
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- Conan O'Brien to Advertisers: You Disgust Me, But I Will Take Your Money
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- Millennial Guys Are Turning to Makeup
- Marketers Have Found a Way to Use Vine
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.