Hands down, a great Guinness commercial
Got around to watching this “Hands” spot from Guinness, which is quite an innovative display of hand origami if I’ve ever seen one. Granted, it doesn’t have much to do with beer (or drinking, judging by the dexterity shown here), but I still liked it. I even enjoyed the accompanying song, which is a rarity for me. But did anyone else notice the split-second middle fingers about halfway through the ad? Just wait until the pedants who held Prince’s guitar pose under a microscope get hold of it. UPDATE: Here’s a microsite connected to the spot, with behind-the-scenes footage and more.
—Posted by David Kiefaber
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Nikola Tesla Takes Down Silicon Valley VCs, but Will It Get Him a Statue?
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.