Half-baked spots herald Fifth Third Bank
The joke in Fifth Third Bank's "In the Dark" ad (above) could've taken 30 seconds instead of a minute, and isn't about budgeting as much as not letting one's idiot roommates handle the utility bills. The "Party" spot (below) is a bit more effective, because the protagonist's inept planning here could extend to his finances, though he's still more lazy than anything else. The work, via Olson, is part of Fifth Third's "Don't Be That Guy" series, and a future ad will feature a hip twentysomething preparing for a concert and wearing a T-shirt promoting the band he's going to see. He probably won't be any good with money, either.
—Posted by David Kiefaber
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.