Get the glass. It’s that time of the month.
Finally visited the new Get the Glass site from “Got milk?” It loaded fine (some said it’s been running slowly), and it’s really nicely done—great graphics and simple, Life-like game play. (And I finished it, so apparently I’ll be getting an actual glass in the mail.) The campaign concept—a family raids a heavily guarded glass of milk—is itself cartoony, which may be why the game works a bit better than the live-action spots (also on the site). And then there’s the issue of the mom character constantly PMS-ing. Milk may help with that, but did they have to base one of the game’s challenges around it? (“Keep Lynn cool under duress even though she is irritable from symptoms of PMS.”) Of course, we’ve been down that road with “Got milk?” before.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- ESPN Lays Off More Than 100 Employees
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- Fast Chat: Jann Wenner
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- WPP Created One Big Digital Shop From 8 Smaller Ones
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.