FREAKY AD MOMENTS OF 2007, Vote #3: Missing jaws, zapped dogs, nicotene cream
Freakiest Advertising Moment of 2007: Round 1, Vote 3.
See all previous votes here.
Here’s the 64-team bracket.
Here are contenders 9 through 12.
9. France’s hourglass AIDS spot. Human bodies pile up inside a giant hourglass in this chilling AIDS awareness commercial from France.
10. Canada’s Lost Jaw anti-dip ads. It doesn’t get much more jaw-dropping than this campaign against chewing tobacco.
11. Dodge’s dog-killing viral. A curious pooch gets mercilessly jolted and fried by a Dodge Nitro in this mean-spirited viral from Europe.
12. EU’s nicotene cream. Also from Europe, this anti-smoking effort featured disgusting mock products, like a nicotene face cream for that perfect ashen look.
Vote below for the freakiest of the four. The top vote-getter at 11 p.m. Monday night advances to Round 2.
UPDATE: The missing-jaw campaign attempts to talk trash, wins this round easily. See the voting results here.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Ad of the Day: DirecTV
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Pinterest Plays Coy on Ads, but Expect Commerce to Lead
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.