FREAKY AD MOMENTS OF 2007, Vote #12: ‘Me So Hyundai,’ chatty butts, animal orgies
Here are contenders 45 through 48.
45. Car dealer’s “Me So Hyundai.” Absolute Hyundai of Mesquite, Texas, did an enormously catchy version of 2 Live Crew’s “Me So Horny,” rewritten as “Me So Hyundai.”
46. Webcargo’s butt-baring ad. Naked rear ends conversed in this cheeky commercial for a file-sending software.
47. Orangina’s animal orgy. “Naturally juicy” described this Orangina campaign, in which various phyla spray sticky liquid all over each other.
48. Domino’s five-handed pizza eater. A bearded Vishnu-esque slacker voted five times for his favorite sauce in this spot.
Vote below for the freakiest of the four. Voting goes until 11 p.m. EST Wednesday, and the winner advances to Round 2.
UPDATE: Orangina brings sexy back, is on to Round 2. See the voting results here.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Deep Focus Snares Nespresso, Nabs BBDO Creative Exec
- The 5 Time Slot Showdowns Will Look Like This
- Our Picks for the 5 Best and 5 Worst New TV Shows
- Yahoo Board Approves $1.1 Billion Tumblr Purchase
- The Biggest Web Series Opportunity for Brands Wasn't at the NewFronts
- Undertone Releases Responsive Design Cross Platform Ad Format
- Shopper Marketing Is Going Mainstream
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- This Summer Could Be the Breakthrough in Mobile Advertising
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- This Is What We Saw at the TV Upfronts This Year
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- Your Rich Friends Don't Really Want to See You in Person, Says Report
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.