First Christine O'Donnell ad: I'm not a witch
Are people seriously hung up about some stupid comment Christine O'Donnell made 11 years ago about dabbling in witchcraft? This is not a hill worth dying on. She probably said something dumber yesterday. Regardless, she's feeling enough heat from this non-scandal to make it the focus of her first general-election ad in the Delaware Senate race, in which she declares, "I am not a witch. I'm nothing you've heard. I'm you." Whatever the hell that means. Of course, now Wiccans are up in arms because they feel that their patched-together Hot Topic religion has been defamed, so this is probably going to drag on forever. We could bypass all this if they'd just test O'Donnell to see if she weighs the same as a duck, but the last thing we'd want to do now is get PETA involved.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Nearly Half of Second-Gen Hispanics Feel Like Ads Don't Target Them
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Mattress Ads Wake Up to Human Sexuality
- Does the American Shopping Mall Have a Second Life?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.