Dude in a Jetpack Flies Around 'World's Most Expensive Billboard' Costs didn't quite reach $1.3 billion
Energy drink Go Fast! and Skydive Dubai hired a guy with a jetpack to zip around a giant co-branded sign planted in front of the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building, which is located in Dubai. The clients boast that this is the world's most expensive billboard, and have floated the figure of $1.3 billion into the ether—though the fine print explains that number would be the cost of the promotion if the flight had lasted a month. Since rocket-boy only soared for about 30 seconds using uber-expensive fuel, the stunt was more a waste of time (mine included) than money. The making-of video below—for pity's sake, remember to mute that seizure-inducing arena-rock soundtrack—is edited to make the flight seem longer. Note the many empty seats in the observer section on the ground. The few folks who showed up seem about as impressed as I am. Via PSFK.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Online Video Ads Have Higher Impact Than TV Ads
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- British Advertising Hits New Low With Commercial Starring Talking Butt Crack
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.